Monday, July 4, 2011
• The delayed and costly North Luzon Railways (Northrail).
• The muddle over the full opening of Terminal 3 of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
• Cost-overruns in the construction of the Subic-Clark-Tarlac Expressway.
• The huge government subsidies going into the private sector-built Metro Rail Transport 3.
• The collapse of the Quedan and Rural Guaran¬tee Corp, (Quedancor),
• The divisive tender for joint development rights for Mt. Diwalwal, the country's biggest gold-rush area.
• The chaotic procurement of essential defense equipment.
In the chapters on each of the seven messy and contentious deals, we tell the full story of what went wrong and why, who were responsible, what steps were taken to remedy the problems, and how the administration of President Benigno Aquino III is trying to clean up the mess.
Whether Aquino likes it or not, it is now his responsibility to solve the problems and clean up the messy projects left behind by Arroyo. This book is as much about the challenges facing the new administration as it is about the failures of the past government.